TANDOORI CHICKPEA CAKES
- 600g / 1lb / 3 cups canned chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp tandoori spice blen. (Asda or tandoori spice blend of your choice – if you dont have this they are nice without)
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 spring onion stem finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp hummus (1 made my own)
- 1 lemon juiced
- Non – fat cooking spray
DIRECTIONS – Serves 4
Total time: 25 mins
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 – 15 mins
- Pulse the chickpeas in a food processor or use a hand held blender until roughly chopped. Add the tandori spice blend, parsley, garlic, spring onion stem, cornflour, hummus, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Pulse until the mixture comes together but has texture. Use damp palms to shape the patties.
- Coat a large frying pan with the non-fat cooking spray and on a medium heat cook the patties on both sides until golden brown all over.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 130 | Carbs 17g | Protein 6g | Fat 3g |