TANDOORI CHICKPEA CAKES
Tandoori chickpea cakes are super easy to make, low in fat and really tasty. They are great for vegetarians and vegans and are also very handy to take to work in your lunch box or save in the fridge for a snack. I simply love these tandoori chickpea cakes but make sure you don’t eat too many as they chickpeas will make you pass wind. Not the best if you are working in an office environment…. haha
- 600g / 1lb / 3 cups canned chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp tandoori spice blen. (Asda or tandoori spice blend of your choice – if you dont have this they are nice without)
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 spring onion stem finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp hummus (1 made my own)
- 1 lemon juiced
- Non – fat cooking spray
DIRECTIONS – Serves 4
Total time: 25 mins
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 – 15 mins
- Pulse the chickpeas in a food processor or use a hand held blender until roughly chopped. Add the tandori spice blend, parsley, garlic, spring onion stem, cornflour, hummus, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Pulse until the mixture comes together but has texture. Use damp palms to shape the patties.
- Coat a large frying pan with the non-fat cooking spray and on a medium heat cook the patties on both sides until golden brown all over.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories 130 | Carbs 17g | Protein 6g | Fat 3g |
Please follow and like us: