Terms and Conditions
(A) Teaching Policies, Procedures and Parental Responsibilities
1. All Jennuine Fitness Swimming Teachers are qualified with Swim England and have the relevant DBS checks before they are allowed to teach.
2. Swimming Teachers will take responsibility for pupils during their swimming lessons, but and parents /guardians are required to remain nearby (poolside viewing or designated viewing gallery) so that if required the parent / guardian can deal with toilet breaks or any behavioural issues. Jennuine Fitness staff will NOT take pupils to the toilet.
3. Parents/guardians must remain on the premises whilst the pupil is attending their swimming lessons. This is imperative in case of the unlikely event of a medical emergency, building evacuation or other emergency situation. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to supervise/watch their child get to and from their teaching station ensuring a prompt pick up at the end of the lesson. Pupils must be collected promptly at the end of the lesson.
4. Parents/guardians must never distract the teacher during a lesson and should direct all communication through the reception staff or the Head Teacher (if available). Parents/guardians should not to speak with a teacher during the period that lessons are in progress as it is dangerous and will distract the teacher from the supervision of the pupils in their lesson.
5. Pupils can be refused entry to the lesson if they are more than 5 minutes late for a class, as it disrupts the lesson for the other pupils.
(B) Pupil Illness
1. If your child is unwell, we recommend that you do not bring them to their swimming lesson.
2. If your child has been ill with diarrhoea or symptoms of COVID they should not attend their lesson. To protect others, they should not swim for at least a week until symptoms have completely cleared up.
(C) Swimming Lesson Program
1. The majority of our ‘learn to swim’ program classes are held over a 30-minute timeslot (some advanced and adult classes might be 45/60) which includes time to take registers and assessments.
2. Pupil to Teacher ratios are developed in line with Swim England Guidelines.
(D) Swimming Lesson Dress Code & Hygiene
1. All children should wear appropriate fitting costumes/trunks and shorts specifically designed for swimming. Baggy costumes/trunks can hamper movement.
2. No jewellery should be worn during a swimming lesson. Religious or medical bracelets are allowed but should not distract the swimmer from their lesson.
3. The use of goggles is permitted but pupils will be asked to remove them if they are providing a distraction and when performing certain skills (unless there is a medical reason for goggles to be worn). We recommend the use of dioptre corrective goggles for anyone with a visual impairment.
4. All swimmers should shower before their lesson. Please ensure that all hair gel/body lotions etc are removed. This will help to keep the water clean. Make sure your child uses the toilet before
(E) Pupil Progression
1. All pupils on the ‘learn to swim’ programme work towards the “Swim England Learn to Swim Framework.
2. Swimming Teachers continually assess all pupils’ progression throughout the term.
3. Progression of all pupils will be at the judgment of the swimming teacher and in accordance with the progression within the criteria of the “Swim England Learn to Swim Framework”
4. Pupils will be moved up to the next class when they meet the skills criteria required and if there is adequate room in the next Stage for movement to the next Stage.
5. Upon completion of a Stage, the parent/guardian will be contacted explaining that the child is ready to move up to the next Stage via e-mail/phone.
(F) Swimming Lesson Payment
1. All fees for swimming lessons must be paid in advance of the lessons.
2. We reserve the right to apply a joining fee where appropriate.
3. Jennuine Fitness reserves the right to change the price of swimming lessons at any time.
4. For any failed Direct Debits, Jenniune Fitness reserves the right to restrict access to the lessons until a suitable payment has been made for the missed Direct Debit Payment. Under these circumstances Jennuine Fitness will not guarantee the same space on the existing lesson.
5. Direct Debit payments include one lesson per week at the agreed Stage of lessons for the monthly Direct Debit subscription.
6. Where payment is not made by Direct Debit, all lessons must be paid in advance and pupils will be removed from classes once advance payment has expired.
(G) Changing and Moving Lesson
1. You may request a change of time, or day and we will try to accommodate your request, provided a space is available.
2. To avoid forfeitting the session 12 hours notice must be given.
(H) In The Event Of Bad Weather and Cancelled Swimming Lessons
1. In the event of bad we will make every attempt to contact our customers as soon as possible. Contact will via e-mail/phone.
2. Customers paying for swimming lessons will be provided with a catch-up lesson to replace the missed session.
3. If a pool closure is likely to affect swimming lessons on the long term, every effort will be made to offer space at another pool within the area.
(I) Missed Lessons
1. Lesson fees are non-refundable where the pupil has either missed lessons or decided to withdraw from the programme altogether.
2. Lessons run consecutively, the lesson credits will be utilised as each lesson takes place regardless of pupil attendance (with the exception of pool closure/lesson cancellation).
3. In exceptional circumstances management may exercise discretion on refunds or credit notes but this would only be on production of a medical certificate or documentation from a medical centre, hospital or GP.
1. We like to encourage communication and welcome issues to be raised with our staff.
2. All parents/guardians are required to supply us with a valid e-mail address for quick communication purposes. This is essential so that we can inform you when your child is ready to move up a Stage of lessons or for any cancellations.
1. Parents must not interfere with the lessons or distract the swimming teachers.
2. We do ask that all spectators remain in the seating area in order to prevent any unnecessary distractions for the teachers and make every effort to ensure that all footwear is clean, wearing shoe covers when provided.
3. It is difficult for the teaching staff to gain full attention from their pupils if they are being distracted; progress can be affected if children are not fully able to concentrate.
(M) Behaviour & conduct
1. Parents accept that their child is under the supervision, control and care of the Swimming Teacher, during the lesson period. Should the behaviour of the child be unsatisfactory and the class is being disrupted, the Swimming Teacher has the right to remove the pupil from the class.
2. The teacher may employ reasonable measures as are necessary to maintain the smooth delivery of the class. We reserve the right to request that your child should be removed from classes should they persistently disrupt or are seen to be putting themselves or anyone else at risk during the class. If a child is removed under these circumstances and suitable alternatives arrangements cannot be made, no refund will be provided.
Changes to Terms and Conditions – Jennuine Fitness reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Reasonable notice will be provided to any changes and customers will be made aware of any changes.