SUPER BREAKFAST MUFFINS
Super breakfast muffins is what I’ve called this recipe today. My task was to make something that I could take to work with me that are healthy and contain goodness such as broccoli and spinach….This is what I came up with. Let me know your thoughts, I love them ❤
INGREDIENTS – 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach excess water removed
- 1/2 cup steamed chopped brócoli
- 1/4 cup spring onion chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon fat removed
- 1/3 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese – I did 2 batches 1 with goats cheese and 1 with low fat cheese
1. Cook bacon under the grill and at the same time steam the brócoli (or boil it) until both are ready.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat 6 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper – I used silicone muffin cases so I did not need these.
3. Then steam or cook the spinach in the same pot as the brócoli (this will only take a minute) then leave to drain.
4. Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk the eggs until smooth
5. Chop the spring onion, brócoli, bacon (removing the fat) and add to egg mix.
6. Then add the spinach and cheese to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
7. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until eggs are set.
9. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat
Nutrition per serving
Calories 141, Fat 7g, Carbs 1.8g, Protein 16.8g