HOW TO ROAST VEGETABLES
Roasted vegetables are a fabulous way to add diversity, easy to prepare and you can keep them in the fridge to use throughout the week for different meals.
Making a big batch of roasted vegetables really helps you to be creative, especially if you do not have a lot of time on your hands. The great thing about roasting is that you can use any type of vegetables that you enjoy. Normally I like to use butternut squash in the mix, but in this instance I did not have any.
Take into consideration that hard vegetables take longer to cook than soft vegetables. When you chop everything up cut the hard vegetables into smaller sizes than the softer options.
>> NOTE>> Check on the veg from time to time once you have put it in the oven. Take the tray out and give the veg a stir, this is so it doesn’t burn and everything cooks evenly. This recipe uses a lot of ingredients and as you can see from the video the tray is full.
HERE IS THE VIDEO ON HOW TO ROAST VEGETABLES
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
4 tablespoons of olive oil
8 – 10 mushrooms
1 Large Red Pepper
A small yellow pepper
Whole Garlic bulb
Herbs, in this case I used oregano
1. Turn on the oven and set the temperature to 220 degrees celsius or around 430 degrees farenheit.
2. In a baking tray pour out 4 tablespoons of olive oil and place in the oven to heat.
3. Chop all the vegetables and set aside in a bowl whilst you wait for the overn to warm up.
4. When the oven has hit the desired temperature take out the baking tray (be careful as it is HOT). Add the vegetables and the herbs of your choice – oregano, thyme, rosmary…
5. Mix the vegetables in the dish and then place back in the oven and set the timer for 40 minutes.
6. At the 20 minute mark, take the vegetables out and give them a stir, then put them back in the oven. Repeat this process again after another 10 minutes has passed.
6. When the oven timer goes off at 40 minutes, take the vegetables out.
7. Enjoy the roasted vegetables with a meal and save the rest for a salad or rice dish throughout the week.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER PORTION
There are approximately 6-7 portions in one tray of veg and a portion is one cup (8 oz)
Fat: 9.9 grams
Carbohydrates: 11.83 grams
Protein: 1.65 grams
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GOT ON IN THE COMMENTS BOX 🙏