CREAMY STYLE WHITE BEAN CHICKEN SOUP
Creamy style white bean chicken soup is one of my favourite meals to eat. It is nice and easy to make and it’s always handy to make a big batch and keep it in the fridge. Here’s how to do it 🙂
INGREDIENTS – Makes about 6 servings
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 large sticks of celery
- 1 jar of white alubia beans 400g
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 12oz shredded rotisserie style chicken
- I litre of water
- 1 stock cube
- Heat oil in a big saucepan, add the finely chopped onion and celery and cook until the onion is translucent. Add thyme and rosemary and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Drain and wash white beans and place in a bowl with about 1/2 litre of water. Blend with immersion blender and then add the liquid to the pot.
- Add the chicken and the other 1/2 litre of water.
- Add stock cube and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. 5. Simmer soup for 20 mins, then serve.
Nutrition info per serving
Calories – 270 | Carbs – 34g | Protein – 24g | Fat – 6g