Soup is my favourite meal to eat, nice and easy to make and I make a big batch and keep it in the fridge. Here’s how to do it 🙂
Ingredients (Makes about 6 servings)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 large sticks of celery
- 1 jar of white alubia beans 400g
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 12oz shredded rotisserie style chicken
- I litre of water
- 1 stock cube
- Heat oil in a big saucepan, add the finely chopped onion and celery and cook until the onion is translucent. Add thyme and rosemary and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Drain and wash white beans and place in a bowl with about 1/2 litre of water. Blend with immersion blender and then add the liquid to the pot.
- Add the chicken and the other 1/2 litre of water.
- Add stock cube and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. 5. Simmer soup for 20 mins, then serve.
Nutrition info per serving
Calories – 270 | Carbs – 34g | Protein – 24g | Fat – 6g