Avocado on Toast – If you have not had this before then you are missing out!
This is one of my favourite ways to have breakfast or alternatively I like to have it as a snack throughout the day (normally after training). It is super quick, easy to make and tastes delicious.
The great thing about this avocado on toast recipe is that it is good for you and full of healthy omega-3 fats. Whole wheat bread along with the avocado keeps you fuller for longer and helps control your weight.
You can also add a variety of toppings. I especially like low sodium soy sauce with cracked pepper or you can add anything that you like.
Avocado On Toast
- 2 slices Whole wheat bread
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Handful Fresh Herbs
- Dash Salt
- Dash Pepper
- Stick the bread in the toaster and put it on.
- In the meantime take the avocado out of the skin and put it into a bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork and use a knife if you need to.
- Chop the fresh herbs and add them to the mix along with the lemon juice, a dash of salt and the pepper. Then stir through.
- Peel the garlic and when the toast has popped up take the garlic and rub it on the bread. If you wanted to finely grate it then you could do that too.
- Nutritional yeast
- Tomatoes and balsamic dressing
- Chilli flakes
- Cucumber, red peppers, or roasted vegetables
- Low sodium soy sauce and cracked pepper
- And the list goes on depending on your own personal preference 🙂